Regional Manager - Children's Services
North Wales and Shropshire
Competitive salary, generous benefits including bonus opportunity
Founder led, children are at the heart of our organisation, and everything we do.
Our Mission Statement
Care 4 Children is an organisation with social purpose that seeks to transform the lives of children and young people who have experienced complex trauma and abuse. Our approach is grounded in the lived experience of the children and young people we support and by valuing their contribution. As experts by experience, we ensure the services they receive are personal to them.
• To take overall management responsibility for the residential operational services provided by Care 4 Children.
• To provide strong leadership and direction to support the organisation.
• To ensure that the strategic vision, qualitative objectives and ethos of care are implemented throughout the
homes in a timely manner and to budget.
• To develop and sustain effective and productive relationship/partnerships with all external agencies,
professional bodies and stakeholders.
• To ensure all residential services are provided to the highest standard and in a manner that promotes a culture
of continuous development/improvement and strives to secure best outcomes for all young people and Local
• To balance quality care services with commercial realities of a profit-making company.
• To ensure each young person has the opportunity to attend qualitative education consistent with the requirements of the DfE/Estyn and each children’s home meets the standards and expectations contained in its Statement of Purpose.
• To ensure that company policy and procedures are adhered to and that there are systems in place to monitor the administration of each home’s affairs and the effective use of resources.
• To ensure that each establishment is maintained to a high standard in line with Health and Safety requirements so that staff and young people can live and work in safe and comfortable environments.
• To direct and take overall responsibility for the management of all allocated residential services and the
marketing of all services.
• To advise the Managing Director and the Board and to recommend strategy and policy developments to
support quality in service delivery.
• To establish and maintain best-practice systems, risk appraisal and quality assurance procedures to ensure
high quality, high value services and good outcomes for young people and Local Authorities.
• To provide regular performance reports to the Board and the Managing Director.
• To secure timely, effective and efficient gathering of accurate management information, including lessons learnt from complaints, case reviews, inspection and compliance activity.
• To secure registration with Ofsted/CIW as the Responsible Individual.
• To be involved in preparing annual budgets for all establishments and ensure effective financial control within agreed budgets across the organisation.
• To engage with the Board on all matters particularly those relating to Childcare issues, presenting appropriate information to enable the Board to make effective decisions.
• To ensure that staff are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and developed in accordance with internal and statutory procedures.
• To be an active and effective member of the senior management team, working with the Managing Director
and other members of the Board on matters including corporate management and the development and promotion of a child focused organisation.
• To provide advice, assistance and support to all managers in relation to Child Protection issues and other notifiable events.
• To promote the company’s equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice policies in relation to all staff and young people.
• To comply at all times with the company’s legal, contractual and regulatory requirements and responsibilities in relation to the above duties.
• To represent the company externally and to promote its work and values.
• To lead, develop and co-ordinate participation and engagement processes and activity with children, young people and staff.
• To interpret legislation and implement this in relation to the continued production of high-quality services, providing a clear sense of direction and purpose.
• To be aware of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation which are current and ensure that all establishments carry out duties accordingly.
• To carry out other duties reasonably requested by the Managing Director, which fall within the remit of the role and the capabilities of the post holder.
Job Type: Full-time