Fostering in Wirral
If you’re thinking about fostering in the Wirral area, we can support you every step of the way, to help you feel confident dealing with the challenges that foster care can bring and to provide the most rewarding experience for your foster child.
Are you ready to change a child’s life? Enquire now
We are a Wirral foster care agency that prides itself on providing a personal service with a high level of financial and practical support for foster carers. We cover many expenses associated with raising a child such as clothing, food, pocket money and school trips. We also provide training and support in areas such as child development, child protection, child attachment and more specialist training.
Becoming a foster parent is a serious decision that requires understanding and dedication. Fostering is very rewarding, but it’s important to remember that many children entering foster care come from difficult backgrounds that may have been traumatic. You’ll need to fully support them to readjust and settle into a new life.
We look for diversity among our carers. However, there are some necessary requirements:
- You must have a spare bedroom for each child (unless they are same sex siblings)
- You must be over 25
- You must have a full DBS and health check
- You must be able to provide round the clock care for the child
- You must appreciate the impact fostering can have on your family
- You must have your own car or access to good transport links
- If you smoke, you must always smoke outdoors and away from the child. Children under five cannot be placed with foster carers who smoke
- You must have an energetic and understanding attitude
- You must understand that children may not demonstrate their gratitude
- You must be willing to deal with challenging behaviour, for example vandalism, stealing, sexualised behaviours
Whether you’re new to fostering, have previous experience with a Wirral fostering agency, or any previous fostering experience, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information regarding becoming a foster carer in the Wirral area, call our friendly team today and we will be happy to help.